• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Just In Beta Testers Needed for enterprise sign business software

Joe Anderson

Shawn Welch

Joe Anderson

Shawn Welch
Are you guys truly providing source code access and full access to data stored in the system?
It's software escrow. When we start taking on actual contracts we add them to the escrow. In case things go south the contractees have the ability to obtain the source code to continue business. Yes, full access to data is available. It also has an API where you can gather data. No it doesn't have direct database access but we can provide you with any data you would need that you have aquired.

2B

Why are you asking about these 3 websites?

are you associated with them?
  • SignsUS.com
  • SignsRus.com
  • TheSignChef.com

Joe Anderson

Shawn Welch
Why are you asking about these 3 websites?

are you associated with them?
  • SignsUS.com
  • SignsRus.com
  • TheSignChef.com
No association. But I don't mind disclosing why we are asking about it once you submit the request. I don't think it's a required field. If it is it shouldn't be. I might just drop it to avoid confusion. Thank you for pointing it out.

Christian @ 2CT Media

Christian... I'm almost 100% sure we actually spoke on the phone. Do you remember?
Yes I do. We are still formulating our solution so I do need to reach back out to you with what we have. It's awesome that you are planning this product, just surprised as most companies hold dearly to the data and source code no matter the business outcome. I think its pretty cool to prevent client issues.

ikarasu

Any idea on pricing? We're looking to switching currently. We've been using accounting erp software that hasn't been updated in 20+ years...:oops: Just signed up for the beta.

The problem is it's hard to get everyone on board with learning new software like this. Half our employees have been using sbt for 20 years and don't mind it's limitations... While.the other half who didn't grow up on it and are used to a real, functional erp system hate it and want to smash their heads into the wall everytime they open it (I'm one of them)

I signed up to check it out. I've trialied a few in the past few months, I feel like most of them will cause the "other half" who grew up on sbt to bang their heads into the wall.

Last edited:

Joe Anderson

Shawn Welch
Any idea on pricing? We're looking to switching currently. We've been using accounting erp software Ghar hasn't been updated in 20+ years...:oops: Just signed up for the beta.

The problem is it's hard to get everyone on board with learning new software like this. Half our employees have been using sbt for 20 years and don't mind it's limitations... While.the other half who didn't grip up on it and are used to a real, functional erp system hate it and want to smash their heads into the wall everytime they open it (I'm one of them)

I signed up to check it out. I've trialied a few in the past few months, I feel like most of them will cause the "other half" who grew up on sbt to bang their heads into the wall.
Honestly, we don't really know how to price it out right now. It is enterprise software which generally is pretty pricy but we don't want to over-price. Hopefully the beta users, since they are also potential end users, will be able to tell us a reasonable market price.

Last edited:

ikarasu

Price wise its hard to say.

It's hard to enter an established software market and grab a market share that's worthwhile in your first years.

I've never heard of you guys... And you're still in beta. I can list 10 different fully fledged, well established solutions that always get mentioned in here.

Your software could very well be the best - but im sure other companies are in the position ours is.... Everyone is used to what they currently have and they don't like change.

So you're breaking into a hard to break into market. Charge too much and no one will go with you, charge too little and go out of business.

It'd be nice if you had a free / limited plan for smaller companies / users... Get a following and as people grow, so does your paying clients.

But.... I haven't seen your software, I don't know what it's capable of.... Or even a list of features. So it's hard to say right now.

I will say this though... The loss of revenue and time due to trying to switch 8 years ago has made our company hesitant on changing. People need something that just works... Not something they spend more time learning than using. So I'd get rid of all the bugs, make it as easy to use as possible before even thinking about bringing it live and ending the beta. I don't know what stage you're currently at... But 5 months for something as massive as an erp software doesn't seem like enough time to iron out all the bugs. Again.... No info on your website, so maybe you've been internally testing it for a year already.

I'm sure you'll get more useful, constructive feedback once people start using it more often.

Last edited:

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Is it really that much trouble?
You're introducing a new and important business software offering late on a Friday night while signed-in using an account by another name and requesting detailed company information from others with mandatory signatures and binding NDA and you're not sure what your product is worth.

I take it you're not in marketing.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
This is hilarious. It is the exact same situation in our office. Don't you hate it when folks ask you what ERP you are using at your company. I keep threatening to push the server off the shelf in our office, just to give accounting the kick in the *** they need to actually make a change.
I'm curious as to what shops are especially looking for, or missing, as far as features or functions in their management software.

Is it cost keeping the commonly available packages away?

These posts keep occurring.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I'm curious as to what shops are especially looking for, or missing, as far as features or functions in their management software.

Is it cost keeping the commonly available packages away?

These posts keep occurring.
There isn't a good inclusive solution on the market that is customizable. Everything out there are bits and pieces or overly click step driven to be efficient. We have relegated to designing our own hub and building in connectable modules, until, something comes around that can carry from sales to RIP/Production management to keep my team in one cohesive environment.

From ShopVox, Cyrious, Corebridge, and so on nothing does that. Everything is just a segment then you move to another system.

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
There isn't a good inclusive solution on the market that is customizable.
Thanks for the reply.

Because of another recent thread somewhere here on the forums asking about management software, I began to gather a matrix for my own edification of costs and features of the available solutions. It's not straightforward because of the their different terms for sales and service. I'm still working on it.

We have relegated to designing our own hub and building in connectable modules
As far as a shop creating their own solution, I can tell you that it's typically a small group consisting of an owner, general mgr, bookkeeper, and designer such as a prepress operator or web designer as well as an outside expert of whatever platform you're using.

If that seems familiar, what platform are you working with?

ColorCrest

All around shop helper.
Our biggest holdup is accounting.
There is usually a rather defined distinction between a shop's bookkeeper and an (outside) accountant.

(we once got hit with 20k worth of outstanding payroll taxes due to a similar accounting error),
Troubles such as this is why most almost all shop software leave the final billing for another (literally responsible and accountable) package to handle. QuickBooks, and the like, are supposed to keep aware of rates and rules on a regular basis and accountants expect to receive exported data in a particular format in order that may perform their work. The shop solutions don't need to, and don't want to, reinvent the wheel of bookkeeping / accounting. Solutions hold a plethora of data but exports or synchronizes only the particular data the bookkeeping package requires.