• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

better business bureau?

TXFB.INS

I did a search but was not able to get a definitive result hit.

The place I work at has gotten several calls from the better business bureau and wanting us to join up.

looking for some reviews/insights/opinions, as the owner like for us to be a part of things since we work here and it affects us.

MGraphics

watched a thing on the news about the BBB.... was not good.... a guy to prove a point created a company and called Al Quida and paid for a full membership and got a A+ rating because he paid for the highest mebership possible... and a bunch of stuff like that is what they reported on... as long as you pay your dues they will keep your rating looking good!!

edgette

I saw the same thing on the BBB as Mgraphics. There were several large businesses that refuse to buy into the BBB's membership (I think one was a 4 star hotel chain) had poor ratings while fake businesses that pay had A ratings or businesses that had poor ratings immediately had their ratings jumped up when they did pay. I think the BBB is a joke, spend the money elsewhere.

MGraphics

For sure!! I was trying to find a link to the news clip but cant locate right now.. will keep searching...

J

john1

No clue about it but looks like something for shady companies to look more legit maybe. I don't know. I hardly ever see the BBB logo on vehicles around here.

ProWraps

why would you pay for a worthless organization that knows dick **** about your business to do nothing ut take customer complaints about you and publish them?

why anyone would join the bbb is lunacy.

Mosh

Worse waste of money than the yellow pages....don't tell me you waste money on them too. Or the chamber of Commerce....bunch of scam artist "used car salemen" types!!! These are the people who couldn't make it selling a real service so they made one up. DON'T BE A SUCKER!!! on any of these!!!

visual800

Worse waste of money than the yellow pages....don't tell me you waste money on them too. Or the chamber of Commerce....bunch of scam artist "used car salemen" types!!! These are the people who couldn't make it selling a real service so they made one up. DON'T BE A SUCKER!!! on any of these!!!

and to add to that any other BS small business network that gives you cool stickers to put on your door. Its all about being a member and getting the sticker. They offer nothing to the paying businesses

TheSnowman

I had a company stiff me for over 5K (which can effect a small guy like me for a while) and on their website, they have the BBB logo on it. I called the BBB and they said that they couldn't do anything about it because I didn't buy from that company, and they purchased from me. Sooooo, they've still got an A+. It's so stupid. Still haven't seen my money four years later, and their still in business apparently. It's so dumb.