• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Better way to make high volume stickers? Currently xr640...

tedbragg

Stickers slow me down like nothing else. We get a LOT of rush orders for small runs (25-150qty) and YES, our Roland can spit those out in just a few minutes but it takes a while to get it prepped.

I have a bad back. Swapping out rolls of vinyl is no picnic. And the amount of waste on the laminator is sickening. I'm hoping to find a solution that is very compact and can free up the Roland for worthy pursuits.

I would love to have a table-top sticker / decal machine -- but I don't know if I should go with dye-sub, solvent, UV -- the sales reps we have with Grimco and GSG aren't well versed in these. I want to get our stickers AND that awful lanyard badge printing off our wides and onto dedicated machines.

Where would ya'll start?

victor bogdanov

If you are getting alot of small stickers then wait until you have a half a roll or a whole roll of them to print and knock it out at once. I wait until I have a whole roll of stickers to do, usually 1-2 rolls per week.

There is no "table-top sticker / decal machine" that can compete with full size equipment

GB2

Old Member
There is a lot more to it than just that. For purposes of this conversation, if they are finished on a roll they are generally referred to as labels, if they are finished on sheets or individually then they are stickers. So, what do you want to accomplish, labels on rolls or stickers? Do they need to be laminated? Do they need to be cut in custom shapes or possibly printed on pre-cut material, such as 2" circles, rectangles, etc.? Realistically, getting into label production is a whole 'nother thing that possibly requires multiple pieces of equipment at some expense. Doing them the way you are doing them is best for sticker production. If you have too many that are tying up your printer then you just need another printer.