• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Beware of Suppliers in Indonesia

Dangreenst

Beware of Printer Parts suppliers in Indonesia! HUGE industry of scammers that have nothing but time to come up with elaborate scams to steal your money and information. Beware of Media-Printer Supplies! Complete website looks legit with hundreds of accurate parts numbers and pricing. Communication is great until they get your money then disappear. Very much Organized Crime ring.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I agree! Anytime someone is selling something for less than half of what everyone else is selling it, it's either stolen or a scam. And believe me, scammers are always trying to steal print heads from us to, I can only assume, resell at a much lower price.

bteifeld

Substratia Consulting,Printing,Ergosoft Reseller
Just to share an experience- some years ago, I saw an incredible price on DX4 heads from an Indonesian supplier. I contacted my local Indonesia consulate to ask about their legitimacy. I gave the consular official the name, address, and phone number of the business, and the official reported to me that he had a brother in the area who checked the address and found it was not the business I mentioned. It's always a good idea to ask a consular official in the US that is near you about a foreign business to see if they are legitimate.

MIkeyB036

GOOD ADVICE! Thank you.

Years ago, I bought some merchandise from a wholesaler in the Netherlands. Shortly after that, my bank account was HACKED and several hundred taken out before we caught it. I never found out if it was from that co., but the bank was able to reimburse us, and after that, I (hardly) never purchase from out of the country. I know that is sometimes impossible, but it has saved me any more grief!

P.S. It wasn't that the price on the item was so incredible, it was just the only place I found the exact item I was looking for. And yes, I DID receive my merchandise!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Nothing to do with signs, but my neighbor bought a whole lotta chlorine on-line for his swimming pool. He hadda pay in advance, naturally, but the product never came. For some reason, he couldn't get his money back, either. He's buying from a more local pool place now, where it costs more, but at least he has product.