• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bi-lateral Alignment?

SSIPRINT

Hey there,

I am relatively new to digital printing, I have a background in production printing i.e. Screen, Litho, and Flexo, with some experience using digital printing.

All of our digital printing is done using a Roland Lec-330 printer.

The first attached image shows the white around the edge of the 5, I've made some adjustments in the Bi-lateral printing controls, but No. 6-8 are all maxed at +10.
There has been some misalignment like this on other prints as well, is this something to do with the Bi-lateral alignment? Or some sort of Overprint issue?

How do I get the Bi-lateral printing re-calibrated for the #'s that are maxed out?

That's a lot of questions, any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG-4858.JPG
    IMG-4858.JPG
    810.6 KB · Views: 172

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I've never worked on an LEC model but most Rolands are similar. If your bidirectional alignment is maxed out and still not aligned, you need to run the bidirectional alignment in service mode first to 0 out user mode.

SSIPRINT

I've never worked on an LEC model but most Rolands are similar. If your bidirectional alignment is maxed out and still not aligned, you need to run the bidirectional alignment in service mode first to 0 out user mode.
I have gotten into the Service Menu -> Bi-directional Default -> Test Print -> 123456 ->Enter , When I run the test it does the test on Low Height, then I adjust to High Height, the test is similar to the User bidirectional test, but instead of the sections being labeled as No.1 No.2 ect. It says DT1, Low, DT3, Low DT6, Low DT8 Low. Then the same for High. Does DT stand for Default? and why doesn't it include all the numbers in between?

Trying to get as far as I can without calling a technician?

Thank you!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have gotten into the Service Menu -> Bi-directional Default -> Test Print -> 123456 ->Enter , When I run the test it does the test on Low Height, then I adjust to High Height, the test is similar to the User bidirectional test, but instead of the sections being labeled as No.1 No.2 ect. It says DT1, Low, DT3, Low DT6, Low DT8 Low. Then the same for High. Does DT stand for Default? and why doesn't it include all the numbers in between?

Trying to get as far as I can without calling a technician?

Thank you!

The alignment you're doing simply sets the 0 point for the user alignment. So once you have the alignment in service mode done, when you go to do the user ones, it won't be out of range and should be very close to 0. I believe the DT stand for Dot Size. The head has different dot sizes so it aligns them each.

The reason there are no numbers in service mode is because they don't want to be constrained by a range. That way if it's way off you can still get it aligned without hitting a limit.