• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

big banner seamed with vhb?

luggnut

anyone here ever use tape to make a 8plus foot banner wide from a 54" printer? or is there a better way?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
HH66 works better than tape for me. I run the seams vertical so they don't have to hold the weight of the lower panels.
We get it from a local boat shop parts department here.

wayne k
guam usa

advsign22

I have used the VHB tape and it works for a lot of things. Same tape that most automobile manufactures use to adhere the body molding strips. Tough stuff.

Ken

luggnut

HH66 works better than tape for me. I run the seams vertical so they don't have to hold the weight of the lower panels.
We get it from a local boat shop parts department here.

first time i heard of that... sounds like the way to go if i can find it?

chopper

Wayne is the hh66 a glue?
just curious I am sure others are also...
could you please elaborate thanks..
//chopper

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Here is their promo sheet:

HH-66 is a superior quality, fast drying (2-5 minutes), waterproof, solvent-synthetic resin adhesive. It is used extensively for bonding vinyl coated and vinyl laminated fabrics like Shelter-Rite and Boat Top to themselves or to various materials. Also used to bond urethanes, vinyl foams and films, leather, and metals. Outstanding for sealing or waterproofing stitched seams.

HH-66 dries hard and very strong, yet remains flexible. It is not affected by weather and temperature extremes, and is highly resistant to oil, fuel, grease, and many chemicals.

Application is by brush, roller, or squeeze bottle. Dried films may be reactivated to a tacky state by high heat or solvent. HH-66 can be stored one year or longer, under normal conditions.

HH-66 is used widely in the manufacture and repair of vinyl tarpaulins, truck and pool covers, tents, awnings, liners, domes, inflatables, flexible signs, mats, tension structures, furniture, and sporting goods. Other vinyl applications have been with protective clothing, roofing and flashing, automotive materials, oil booms, footwear, flexible hose, industrial curtains, dock seals, and vinyl repair kits.

HH-66 Vinyl Cement Quart Features:

•Exceptional Bond Strength

•Easy Application

•Fast Drying - Ready in Minutes

•Waterproof - Outstanding resistance to temperature and weather extremes, chemicals, oil, fuel and grease

•Versatile - Use for fabricating, repairing, sealing stitched seams

•Remains Flexible

•Long Shelf Life

•Quart covers approximately 8 Square Feet

If the banner is fairly large and you are not too confident in your glue joint you can reinforce it with some 2" gorilla tape down the backside if it is going to be installed up against a wall.

wayne k
guam usa