• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Big problem with Mutoh 1204

jc30436

I recently had to replace the manifold adapter on my Mutoh 1204. Broke a damper nozzle while changing dampers. We did a complete flushing of the printhead, and everything seemed to be fine. We also replaced the maint. station (genuine Mutoh) and installed a new wiper. We printed with it for 3 days, and this morning when I went to print, it would print magenta ink all over the design. I could see the other colors were printing too, but magenta was printing over the entire print area, with a yellow band on the left side I've done a series of cleans, and reprints, but haven't had any progress in determining what the problem could be. I've printed from Flexi, and done all the built in test prints on the machine itself, and it doesn't matter. This thing has me seeing RED! (well, magenta) I uploaded a pic so in case it might help. Anybody got any ideas?

Attachments

• magntaseeinred.jpg
    magntaseeinred.jpg
    744.3 KB · Views: 221

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
You have a short in the head signal circuit. Check out your head cables and make sure they are not damaged, have no ink splatter on the leads, and/or signs of corrosion. If any of those things are present, replace the cables. Other than that it can be a whole lot of other electrical issues such as a damaged head, trailing cables or even main board. But since you were doing a manifold change I would suspect head cables or possible head damage.

jc30436

You have a short in the head signal circuit. Check out your head cables and make sure they are not damaged, have no ink splatter on the leads, and/or signs of corrosion. If any of those things are present, replace the cables. Other than that it can be a whole lot of other electrical issues such as a damaged head, trailing cables or even main board. But since you were doing a manifold change I would suspect head cables or possible head damage.

jc30436

Thank you for responding so quickly. I'll check them out, and if that's the problem I'll be on your site ordering them shortly.