• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Biggest newbie questions

petrosgraphics

the introduction of tech. in this business will always be a problem..... as well as a savior..
they use to be called vinyl jockeys... now we have printer jockeys......
i for one feel i have earned some respect in this business... lots of years in, lots of mistakes
out..... if it were not for carved signs, gold leaf and painted there would not be much
hand lettering...... but you still need design talents as well well as good layouts....

kylebrk

I'm new to the industry with a strong design background. We have some of the highest prices in town and have made a big impact because of the level of customer service we offer. There are multiple reasons people get in to this industry. Ours was because we love being creative and unique. Now, we get paid to do it!

My dad has ran/owned a successful service shop for heavy duty equipment in two different states for over 40 years. Two locations and 50 employees later, he continually reminds me that he was a new guy once too. He also tells me that if I'm scared of competition, I shouldn't be in business.