• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Billboard peeling off

So I installed a billboard recently, first one ever, It can't be that hard, can it?
This is what happened 3 weeks later, I used all purpose wallpaper paste (Solvite) and I used generous amount applied to the back of blueback poster paper.

The surface was cleaned before (old paper pieces that wanted to come off were removed), do I miss something?

Do you think the new one will it stay if I use extra strong wallpaper paste? Do I need a special glue?

Attachments

• IMG_20200429_132356.jpg
    IMG_20200429_132356.jpg
    369.3 KB · Views: 501

visual800

holy hell the late 80s are back! Do you think you could order a banner and stretch it over everything?

James Mcnulty

So I installed a billboard recently, first one ever, It can't be that hard, can it?
This is what happened 3 weeks later, I used all purpose wallpaper paste (Solvite) and I used generous amount applied to the back of blueback poster paper.

The surface was cleaned before (old paper pieces that wanted to come off were removed), do I miss something?

Do you think the new one will it stay if I use extra strong wallpaper paste? Do I need a special glue?
I am a Billposter. You will need a specific paste that is water resistant. BIM Kemi located in Bolton is where we get our supply from.

Ronc

I used to print those. We used to soak the paper in trays of adhesive by rerolling the paper sections under the liquid paste. Then you fold them and put in bag. They applied really wet and squeegeed down

I used to print those. We used to soak the paper in trays of adhesive by rerolling the paper sections under the liquid paste. Then you fold them and put in bag. They applied really wet and squeegeed down

What about the glue on the front? How did you get rid of it if you soaked the whole thing?

Ronc

We sed a brush that looked like a push broom or a squeege. Always was paste on the front. Carried a garden sprayer with water to rinse a bit

TomClarke

You need a potato starch water based paste. You can't just put the paste on and immediately stick it. Best results you roll it on the back, fold it up and let it soak overnight in a trash bag. The paper needs to be saturated for best results when hanging.