• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Billboard sign cover

divers2deep

I am trying to find a vendor that can make the following item. This would be a 8'x24' billboard with 10" interior gap. I want to have one that I can slide over the entire unit with the bottom being the only part strapped down. I have heard these called toaster covers, sign covers, pocket covers,.... What is the real name for this. Is 13 oz sufficient?

Cale Frederick

Toaster Covers!

I am not sure if any of the merchant members here do these but we have had a few of these done through a company called NPrint Graphix (www.nprintgraphix.com). They are easy to work with and you don't have to lay everything out make it fit and fold right. They do it all for you! Just send them the actual face art and they arrange everything to fit the dimensions you give.

SIGNTIME

banner bag and yes 13oz will be fine ... make sure you use a lift that can go 8' higher than to top of the billboard or else its gonna be a pita

Cale Frederick

We normally have ours done with both sides open to make sure we get everything lined up on the sign. Hanging it across the top and lacing the bottom first and then the sides last works best for us.

We have one guy who said he needed a temporary sign for a month or two until he can afford a formed face sign. A year and a half later it is still up and its not because he can't afford the sign faces... it is a mattress company and he says that it looks to much like a mattress to take down. His was slightly oversized because he gave us wrong measurements and it is kind of "mattress" looking.

TheSnowman

I'd think that 13oz would be fine. I'd personally call Keith @ Signs2Trade and see if they can make you what you need. I love those guys. They do all my bigger banners.

petepaz

years ago i got a few from fellers. not sure if they still do it or not. but it worked great. it was a little tough getting it over the top. i ended up tying ropes to one side, throwing them over the billboard and then pulling it over with my truck. once it was on just laced up the sides and it was good to go.