• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bizarre Substrates

jwarner

Just out of curiosity, what is the weirdest thing you've printed on using a flatbed? We recently started printing on ceiling tiles and have had some success. This got me thinking, "what else can we print on?".

2B

years again while at a trade show, one of the flatbed vendors challenged people to bring "odd" items
there was pile of stuff people brought and was printed onto; full-sized doors, T-Shirts, frisbees; toilet seat, mouse-pads, dinner plates, etc...

Andy D

I worked at a place that had the (IMHO)
horrible habit of never turning down print jobs, people would bring in rough cut lumber nail together, old rusted tin, ect.
All it would take is one mistake of not noticing a nail sticking up & you just trashed $20k of print heads in a second... The funny thing was, when those type of jobs came up, the lead printer at the time would be way too busy to run it, so it was dropped in my lap, even though any other time he wouldn't let anyone else run that printer.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I worked at a place that had the (IMHO)
horrible habit of never turning down print jobs, people would bring in rough cut lumber nail together, old rusted tin, ect.
All it would take is one mistake of not noticing a nail sticking up & you just trashed $20k of print heads in a second... The funny thing was, when those type of jobs came up, the lead printer at the time would be way too busy to run it, so it was dropped in my lap, even though any other time he wouldn't let anyone else run that printer.
So, did you nail it most times?