• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Black and white stickers coming out with a green hue to them.

Jharris81

I have a Roland xd-540 and I made some small stickers in illustrator and they are suppose to be just black and white but they have a green hue instead of shades of grey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jcskikus

Owner, Designer & Installer
Also check to see if your black is actually firing from the printhead. Profile(s), clogged printhead, damper, or bad profile...work through the list first.

Jharris81

I will have to check on that I have a feeling it’s something in the design and not in the printer because I have printed jet black images previously

rjssigns

Profile issue.
When you say you'v printed jet black I assume you mean full coverage black not grayscale.
Grayscale images are completely different.
Without a good output profile you will get color casts like you are experiencing.

There is a way to "trick" the printer but it involves Photoshop and working with channels.
It works in Flexi for the extremely rare occasion I need to do grayscale and don't want to worry about color casts.
Not sure how it would react in VW .

Jharris81

That sounds like my issue because there is shades of grey for the background image.

ToneCustomSigns

We've had this issue but our greys were turning out pink. Here is our fix: If you are working with the latest version of Flexi go to your Rip and Print. Select Advanced Options, then color settings, then rendering intent. Select the Pure Hue button and in that dialog, select your black, grey and also select clean color. Apply those settings and anything you print black or grey will use black ink only.
I hope this helps.

Jharris81

I will give that a shot and see where that gets me. Thank you for the reply’s.