• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Black banding

timstudio

Anybopdy got a clue what is happening here? Black keeps banding. I did the calibrations etc. Cleanded encoder strip. It does give me the message that the black cartridge is on its end, but that has never caused problems like these before. Head is 1.5 years old. I do use the correct profiles. Nozzlecheck shows no problems, though the black stripes seem a little fuzzy. Actually all black printed parts are a little fuzzy on the edges (letters etc.)

Roland Sp300i.

Attachments

• foto 1.JPG
    foto 1.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 78
  • foto 2.JPG
    foto 2.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 94
Anybopdy got a clue what is happening here? Black keeps banding. I did the calibrations etc. Cleanded encoder strip. It does give me the message that the black cartridge is on its end, but that has never caused problems like these before. Head is 1.5 years old. I do use the correct profiles. Nozzlecheck shows no problems, though the black stripes seem a little fuzzy. Actually all black printed parts are a little fuzzy on the edges (letters etc.)

Roland Sp300i.

Post a shot of the Nozzle Test Print (from the printer, not the RIP).

timstudio

Here you go.
btw, new wipers and scraper are on it's way. Machine gets cleaned 2 times a week (printhead sides, wipers and captops.)

Attachments

• foto 1-1.JPG
    foto 1-1.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 88
  • foto 2-1.JPG
    foto 2-1.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 80

timstudio

It looks to be a head alignment problem after a head strike. This is how the calibration looks :(

Attachments

• foto 2-2.JPG
    foto 2-2.JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 78

TrevJonez

throw it into service mode and run the vertical and bias test prints so you can see if that is what needs changed.

Once you have to start physically moving the heads I call my service techs. But you may be more inclined to DIY. My machine is kept under warranty so I can focus on other things.

timstudio

Got the printouts.
To me the alignment seems fine?

Attachments

• servmode.jpg
    servmode.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 65
  • servmode2.jpg
    servmode2.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 84

timstudio

ps, the black cartridge is almonst empty..I get the warning message. Can I just change it for a new one without the printer telling me to switch it, or is that a bad idea?

TrevJonez

go ahead and swap it out. I usually swap mine before they run dry. I hate the line it leaves in a print if it runs out mid panel.

Test prints look good. That is so odd.

timstudio

In the meanwhile.....replaced whippers, whiperscraper, captops, cleaned the encoders trip and put in a new black cartridge.

I got rid of the banding with printing in high quality. The only problem left is that I can't print small sharp black letters. Still in doubt wether a tech (at a minimum cost of $400) should come or not. :banghead: