• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Black is driving me nuts!

J

john1

Well, All other colors seem to print alright with exception of dark reds but black keeps getting these lines.

I wouldn't say it was banding but it may be a slight case beings there is lines in it. It's more of a grain look to me.

I am printing on gloss oracal 3165ra using the oracal profile for that straight out of the box, all the "come with" VW profiles, tried changing head speed, heat, bi and uni direction, max impact, us prepress, sign&display and still cannot get a nice non grainy black. The numbers in the photos are 80/80/80/100, 0/0/0/100 and 100/100/100/100.

I was suggested using the 3751 profile as it lays down more ink but the same results.

Using versaworks on a sp-300i with OEM inks. The machine was just cleaned today.

Any tips?

Attachments

• Photo Nov 13, 12 53 41 AM.jpg
    Photo Nov 13, 12 53 41 AM.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 128
J

john1

720, it's the only resolution the oracal profiles come standard in

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Run a nozzle check to see how the black is firing.
Hard to tell from your pic if the CMYK changes are doing anything.
I get nice rich black with no drama using RGB 0,0,0 black that works out to
C75,M68,Y67,K90 on gloss materials.

wayne k
guam usa

ironchef

Oh lol my mimaki is the same, 540 and lower gives bad results, also using cmyk black gives me problems

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Try the 3651 profile and see if it's any better. I never liked the 3165ra profile.

Could also be bad material...

J

john1

Thanks guys, I just got in from running around all day. I'll try some things and get back to ya's.