• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Black print head issue

pabacker66

Hi guys. I'm running a xc-540. I have attached a few photos. I am having trouble with my black print. At first it was printing black TERRIBLE out of the blue for the first time this morning (you can see the first test print) Then after some extensive cleaning, it has improved but still has the "ghosting" you can see in the image of the print. The second test print looks much better but the print is still not satisfactory. I don't think that my head could be going bad. The black print head was just replaced less than a year ago. Any ideas?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 87
  • photo[1].jpg
    photo[1].jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 74
  • photo[2].jpg
    photo[2].jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 67

studebaker

Deluded Artist
Two things cause that... A Partially clogged nozzle firing sideways or wind blowing on the print as it's being printed.

Drip Dry

If you had a head strike ( and likely wouldn't know it ) it can go bad overnight.
You can clean everything, make adjustments, change less expensive parts, waste alot of time, but in the end, your gonna change the head

You can print in high resolution mode for a temporary fix until you decide to change it

Robert M

That head

Pull the head, gently, gently push cleaning solution through the head and watch the spray coming from the nozzles. If any of the nozzles spray to the side, that is the issue. Try putting the head is a tray of solution and draw back to the syringe, you may pull the blockage out of the nozzle.
All else fails i have heads on my site, www.solventinkjet.com. Call us if you need more info we have trained techs and can email you the tech manuals.

autoexebat

I have the same printer and had the same issues . I had to buy a new black print head.... never had an issue again

gregwallace

I agree with studebaker that its a partially clogged nozzle. First I would try running at a lower temp 35 to 40 c. Also a lower interlace mode may do better as well (4 pass). Make sure your head height is low too. I'm not saying there isnt anything wrong with the black heads, just saying there might me a simpler solution to replacing the head. Does it do this when you print grey as well? It probably doesnt. The machine I run does this frequently on prints that are ran on double strike with lots of ink coverage and the heat cranked up. Running the carriage on a slower speed and a lower interlace mode may give you better results.