• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Blackout Black print suggestions?

craigwojo

Hi everyone,
I have SC80600 and was wondering how you all get the best opaque black and popping colors using transparent digital vinyl. I know the ink is eco-solvent (water-based) and really the only way I got a block out black was with solvent inks.
Any advice guys?

Hope everyone is healthy.
God bless,
Craig

CanuckSigns

We have the same printer, what you are looking to do is not possible with a print. If you need a opaque black for a backlit application, you must use a cut vinyl made for that, even standard black vinyl is not opaque when backlit.

Hi everyone,
I have SC80600 and was wondering how you all get the best opaque black and popping colors using transparent digital vinyl. I know the ink is eco-solvent (water-based) and really the only way I got a block out black was with solvent inks.
Any advice guys?
Craig

If your question has to do with producing more vibrant printed colors (including denser blacks) on transparent media for window graphics or day-night application, the answer is to use white ink as an underflood or overflood - which of these would depend on whether the print will be viewed through the glass or not.

The opacity of solvent white inks are lesser than other ink chemistries, and the constant user maintenance (daily shaking etc) and copious waste associated with solvent white ink causes most users to not install white ink, even when the printer supports it. The vast majority of users put cleaning fluid in the white ink channel instead.

Also, eco-solvent inks are not water-based. Their base is generally ether-derived solvents.

Last edited: