• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blade gone wacky on cutter

Flame

Okay, I have a Graphtec FC7000-100 plotter. I just replaced the blade as my old one was getting dull. I went to cut and noticed that in some parts of the design it was cutting through the paper, and on other parts, it was barely scratching the surface!!! I cannot figure out WTH is wrong with the machine, and several of us have spent most of the day playing with the depth and cutting force, and nothing seems to work. I had this happen once a few months back on another Graphtec of mine, and I found the culprit to be a faulty blade (had a chip in it from the factory). However, I've tried 3 different blades this time, one brand new, one 3 months old, one 1 month old. None of the them work.

Does ANYONE have any ideas? This is my only plotter I can use for cutting out my prints, and I am in the middle of a bunch of rush jobs and I can't get any of them done with my plotter not cutting properly. Anyone...?

Flame

It's everywhere across the strip, and the strip is fine. The machine is only 4 months old, so I don't have any parts getting old anywhere (unlike my other Graphtec I have).

Derf

Did you check to see if your spring or that area is gummed up at all? my Graphtec some times gets a tiny bit of vinyl stuck where the blade comes out or adhesive gets in where the spring is and causes the blade to stick way down or up at random

Flame

I got it to cut okay...after around 250 test cuts. ouch...

But to get it cut properly, I had to set my pressure setting at 30, where before it was always at 23 for that vinyl. WTH? It doesn't make perfect sense to me...

Atleast it's cutting though... not right.... but cutting.

madisonsignguy

Yea That's what I was thinking. Are you sure it's the same type of blade? Seems weird that you would be using more force with a new blade. usually just the opposite happens.

Derf

Did you get the old and new blade mixed up..... LOL

I've spent some time under a magnifying glass trying to figure out what blade is what!

gerald

You probably backed of the manual pressure adjuster when you changed the blade. It's easy to do since it's right there on the blade holder.

TC49010

I had something similar on a cx-24 and I didnt have the holder seated all the way. Same way with the sx-15. I found if its not fully seated you have to extend the needle or increase the pressure.

:help: just food for thought!!
Trixie

Pro Image

Flame try and see if you can move the blade in the holder(see if it spins round in the holder) if not the bearing in the holder are rusted up and one of them is locked.................try a littler 3in1 oil that should free it up.......

I had one do the same thing a little oil and was back good as new............

Flame

Weird.... I just took everything apart, BACKED OUT the blade depth, and the thing is working like a charm.

Bizarre... but atleast it's working great again. Don't know what I did differently, but it's cutting like a charm, at the regular pressure, and with the new blade.

Was I under a 5 hour curse?

Pro Image

Flame Master said:
Weird.... I just took everything apart, BACKED OUT the blade depth, and the thing is working like a charm.

Bizarre... but atleast it's working great again. Don't know what I did differently, but it's cutting like a charm, at the regular pressure, and with the new blade.

Was I under a 5 hour curse?

Damn Flame you had your printer go haywire on you, plotter f'up and some thing else I can't remember happen to you in the past week or so.................

Who was it that said "KARMA ain't she a bitch!"

just though I would mention that.....

someone else posted to you about the karma after the stunt you and rhino pulled...........and it seem that it has eatin your ass alive.........:Big Laugh :Big Laugh :Big Laugh

K

kevco

Was the new blade the type that has the waxy protective "glob" of what ever it is on it? I had one like that one time that just left a little piece of that stuff on it and had the same problem.:help:

Flame

kevco said:
Was the new blade the type that has the waxy protective "glob" of what ever it is on it? I had one like that one time that just left a little piece of that stuff on it and had the same problem.:help:

Yeah, I had to peel that dumb wax off. Could have been a tiny piece left over on it.

Uh...Dustin. WTH? Welcome to a print shop. I've had to bust out over 6,000 decals this week, from 2" x 3" to 5' x 5'. Gone through half a set of inks and a plotter blade. I run into glitches all the time. Screw Karma, it doesn't exist. Everyday !@#$ does.:Big Laugh

Pro Image

As for welcome to a "print shop" Ive been printin' for a lot longer than you have, can you say FARGO 310 ..........SO SUCK IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahah

Just messin with ya a little.............:eek:)

Flame

dustin1324 said:
As for welcome to a "print shop" Ive been printin' for a lot longer than you have, can you say FARGO 310 ..........SO SUCK IT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahah

Just messin with ya a little.............:eek:)

Then you know $#@! happens.

Not karma.