• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

blade wear shows o%

CE-3000 60... I changed my blade the other day and cleared the blade wear from 100% to 0 .. but now the blade wear always shows 0 % no matter how much material I cut.. what did i do wrong? I read the stinkin' directions time and time again... Help!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Not intending any rudeness but until your post I never knew such a gadget existed. It certainly isn't needed.

In 25 years of cutting vinyl I've learned to recognize from the results when a blade was in need of replacing. If you never cut reflectives or metallic polyesters you'll likely get one to three years use out of a blade (if it's carbide). If you cut reflective films, figure sometime in the next week or two the cut quality will show you the need to replace the blade.

Ken

Yeah, I dont understand how the machine could figure out how much use has been put on the blade. Reflective or metallic films will wear out the blade much faster than regular vinyl. I dont have this feature on my FC5000.
Ken

flyinhawaiian968

Not intending any rudeness but until your post I never knew such a gadget existed. It certainly isn't needed.

Heh, me either! I can usually tell if the blade is going by the way it weeds, as well as the "braille" it creates in corners.

Then again, I just replace the blade every 4 to 6 months anyways, and keep the old blades around for cutting reflective material when those jobs come in. Blades really aren't that expensive.

Chris

S

SignTech

use what's made for your machine. better quality would be a smart choice. we cut a lot of reflective and plastic stencil material .......

regular vinyl you get a fairly long time out of the blade 6 months easy

reflective depends how much ..... I charge a new blade for every job that has reflective i.e, a full emergency vehicle ...

stencil material ...... blade won't last at all ... 60 degree blade ...... medium to large order they pay for one sometimes two blades .......

we don't use a bladeometer ........

Replicator

Best blades I'ver used were just the standard GAP blades for Roland from Performance Signs !

I've tried others, but with unsatisfactory results . . . !