• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bleed not holding in Onyx 12

Precision

Today while printing I noticed that ONYX had dropped the bleed settings on my print. The original file was 47" wide x 108" tall. I added an inch bleed to the panel all the way around, which should of made the print 49" x 110".

While printing I noticed that the bleed line was printing in some areas, but in others was blank. It did not hold the bleed setting? I am confused.

Is there a setting that I am overlooking, or should check. I truly appreciate your comments and help.

Thank you,

CanuckSigns

Onyx has some glitches like this, it will often forget settings like paneling layouts as soon as you click submit. Try rotating the artwork in your design program and resending it, not sure what but sometimes this fixes odd issues in onyx for me.

When I first started using onyx after using versaworks for 10+ years it seemed really clunky and counter intuitive, but after a while you get used to it and it becomes just clunky...

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Did you have the correct roll width set before print?

We had this issue on one job last week and turned out the roll width was off by about 5mm so it wasn't printing the full width of the loaded media. Lucky it was just an outline and we could easily trim it by measuring the bleed out with a ruler.

Grizzly

It’s all about your print!
Did you have the correct roll width set before print?

We had this issue on one job last week and turned out the roll width was off by about 5mm so it wasn't printing the full width of the loaded media. Lucky it was just an outline and we could easily trim it by measuring the bleed out with a ruler.

This ↑, as well as try hitting apply after you add the bleed. That can help make sure it doesn't change.