• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bleed printing on HP Latex

MGB_LE

We have a job for a MaxMetal ACM sign 48x72", but the media price difference between 60x120" sheets and 48x96" sheets is big. I prefer not to print to the edge and risk spraying onto the belt.
Is anyone printing full bleed onto the belt on their R1000 or R2000? What challenges, issues or problems has it caused?
So far my default has been to print on larger media and trim down on our Colex. In this case the salesperson is balking at cost difference on the larger substrate and is asking is we can bleed the board.

akuarela

I don't have that printer, but a flatbed uv. Can you possibly put tape on the belt, or if that doesn't work, maybe tape a long strip of paper under the edge(s) which would receive the ink.

ToTo

Professional Support
Just put an oversized sheet of sacrificed porous paper under your substrate and set size and position manually.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Or if you are printing a ton of them, make a jig or two from a larger board. Then you can do 1" bleed on that if you like.
Otherwise I'd just print 3mm bleed on the belt.

We have a job for a MaxMetal ACM sign 48x72", but the media price difference between 60x120" sheets and 48x96" sheets is big. I prefer not to print to the edge and risk spraying onto the belt.
Is anyone printing full bleed onto the belt on their R1000 or R2000? What challenges, issues or problems has it caused?
So far my default has been to print on larger media and trim down on our Colex. In this case the salesperson is balking at cost difference on the larger substrate and is asking is we can bleed the board.
We have an R2000. We overprint on to the belt all day long. It has not caused any issues. It is an easy clean as well if it is cleaned within a day or 2. Spray with Acetone, let it sit for a few minutes then scrub with a nail brush type scrub brush or Lint free towel

cornholio

If you print on the belt all the time, it can clog the vacuum holes on the table in the long run. In this case, the belt needs to be removed to clean the vacuum table and holes.