• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blog advice

S

Stan B

Hi friends,

We recently started working very hard on our blog and I'm amazed at what Chitin posts and how much he raised the bar there compared to shameless self pr. Yet we are to see any live conversation and activity on the blog.

We are very new to blog management and would greatly appreciate if you guys can check it out and share any blogging advice and ideas you have.

What do you do to bring live conversation to your blog?

Thank you all.

http://vinyl-banners.blogspot.com/

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
No one cares about color management and construction of a vinyl sign or banner. They want to know how a banner will help their business. they want to know how much, they want to see before and afters and pretty pictures....

I go to blogs or some really good designers.. there is very little participation, but quite a bit of traffic from time to time. (usually if they do a seminar or post on Facebook)

astro8

Nobodys interested in talking about banners...about as interesting as discussing sandpaper....:Sleeping:

You have a good website with good ranking and traffic, your time and effort would be better spent plugging away building upon that.

RebeckaR

You'll notice on the SignsNeverSleep site (aside from the fact that they've moved and both forwarding links appear on my browser to be dead) they have lots of photos and tend to talk about what's going on in the sign shop. It's warm and personal, verses just a whole bunch of text and technical stuff that most people don't care about.

I love Grampa Dan's blog for that reason. http://www.imaginationcorporation.ca/journal/journal/Blog/Blog.html
I don't know how much traffic he gets to his blog, but I enjoy peeking in to see what kind of magic is going on there.

You have good info on your blog, but it's dry. Show me some of the awesome stuff you've been doing for clients so that I will want to be one.

shakey0818

Thanks for the link Rebecka.I spent hours reading his stuff.He writes very well and sure is a creative guy.:thankyou: