• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blotchy (Splotchy) Solid Colors HP Latex 315

shepherddesigns

What is the most likely culprit of blotchy prints (see attached)? This is a fresh calibration. Inks or printheads? Printheads were installed about 6 weeks ago and this is probably the 3rd or 4th print on them. Inks are expired, but have not been used much; I still have about 600 mL left in each. This is on a brand new roll of Orajet 3751ra. Because the printer was sitting for a few weeks, I did have to manually clean the printheads.

PXL_20231008_145926472.jpg
PXL_20231008_145854148.jpg

victor bogdanov

My first guess would be the expired inks, how long ago did they expire? Give the inks a good shake to mix, inks probably settled from sitting for so long.

Test on another media to rule out media

shepherddesigns

Looks like a media issue. Ran some wall vinyl on it and it printed great. What's everyone's experience dealing with getting replacements on vinyl? The vinyl was bought from Grimco.

shepherddesigns

Anyone know how much ink is inside the printer? Meaning, how many mLs of ink are there in between the cartridges and the heads? This issue looks like it's the inks. I installed all new inks, and after several prints, I'm still having issues. I've run about 11 mL of ink from each color since the new inks were installed.

shepherddesigns

Okay, this problem is really killing me now. I have new printheads and new ink. Everything looks good, but I'm getting zero yellow after the printhead change. Yellow was, more or less, fine before. When I pulled the M/Y printheads, there is a bunch of ink inside. Is this a bad printhead?

PXL_20231019_154508160.jpg

Last edited: