• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blue Crop Marks

MangoPRI

Hey all,

Bit of a strange one. When I print on poster paper using Rasterlink, the crop marks come out blue. The image appears to be ok, it's just the crop marks.

I've tried multiple profiles and it does the same.

The main thing is the image comes out ok, but still a curious one. Any ideas?

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Did you make the crop marks within Rasterlink?
All our crop marks are made within our design program from various workstations throughout the office then sent to the RIP. All our print tech has to do is choose the appropriate profile.

MangoPRI

Did you make the crop marks within Rasterlink?
All our crop marks are made within our design program from various workstations throughout the office then sent to the RIP. All our print tech has to do is choose the appropriate profile.

MangoPRI

Nope, Adobe Illustrator. It's really bizzare and seems to only do it on Photo Paper, yet the image itself is ok!

myront

CorelDRAW is best
In illy what color formula are the crop marks? Paper is a lot more porous than vinyl so maybe it is a profile problem.

Johnny Best

That just might be something from the past because blue lines do not show up on stat camera. You can go into Appearance panel in Illy and hit the eye button and crop marks do not show, or drag to trash. If the crop marks do not show on print I would not worry about it.