• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blurred and Fuzzy Edges When Printing Black and Yellow.

Minnie Mouse

Hi there,

I've not posted on here for a while and I can see someone had a similar issue back 2018 but can't' see solution.

When we print black on its own or with any other colour the edges are crisp and sharp but when it is printing with yellow such as on a warning decal, the edges of the black are fuzzy and blurred and the yellow isn't as fluid as it should be.

We haven't changed inks, media or profiles and the head test print is perfect, we also cleaned the encoder strip.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Thanks

Minnie

Adam Vreeke

Knows just enough to get in a lot of trouble..
Could you post a picture of the problem you are experiencing as well as a picture of a nozzle test. That would help in diagnosing.

Minnie Mouse

Could you post a picture of the problem you are experiencing as well as a picture of a nozzle test. That would help in diagnosing.
IMG_2263[1].JPG

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Looks like too much ink or not enough heat. Can you test another profile or pull back the ink levels to see what happens?
That is exactly what it is. There is too much ink being laid on that media, more heat might help a bit, but a profile that puts down less ink would be more ideal along with extra heat. I've had similar issues with Oracal 3268M, with those those same colors.

Minnie Mouse

Looks like too much ink or not enough heat. Can you test another profile or pull back the ink levels to see what happens?
Hi,
Thank you for looking and replying to my problem. I have up'd the heat and our printing looks better as the colours look more fluid. But it doesn't seem to have made much difference when printing yellow and black together. I did also notice when there was yellow with blue the yellow edge was abit fuzzy. I will try knocking the yellow back and see if that makes any difference. Meanwhile this is a picture with more heat. IMG_2281[1].JPG

SignMeUpGraphics

Super Active Member
Judging by the nozzle test, it looks like you're running a Roland.

In the Color Management section of VersaWorks, what preset do you have selected?
Try to select either Pre-press General or Pre-press US, which won't artificially boost colours and should reduce the ink levels and try a test print and see how it looks.
It's been 4 years since we've had a Roland so I'm flying blind now.