• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Blurry Print on HP Latex 310

Susan Stewart

Hello,
We have been using Natura media SO800 (Ecosolvent Clear Film) for many years now with little issue. We are using it on a HP latex 310 primarily for printing out black on the film for screen printing positives.
The line quality has always been good. The last roll I installed I am getting terrible results with bleeding and fuzziness of the ink. I have attached a few images. I placed a quarter on the film so you can see the scale. Could the material be contaminated? We even tried to use the underside of the film to print on but had two media jams in a row. The curing temperature is right where it should be. You can actually see that it's printing blurry through the front window before it gets to the heater.

Unknown-1.jpeg

Unknown.jpeg

Attachments

• 1687435167195.png
    1687435167195.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 182

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Usually optimizer issue assuming the material should work. Add 5-10% more to try and you can also max out the printzone airflow.

greysquirrel

make sure media works with latex first...it may not be approved...then lower ink levels in a new media type, post optimizer a smidge and re-calibrate.