• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

BN-20 cut issues with Laminate.

Paul Blumire

Hi. I have a BN20. So many issues when trying to cut laminated work, which constitutes the majority of my work. Print and cuts fine and seems fine when I use crop cut without laminate, but as soon as I use laminate I have lots of register issues. Designs are cut out of register and tend to get worse the further into the cutting process it goes. a few designs are oval and really show up the issue.
Tried lots of workarounds, new blade (clean cut), Grafityp laminate, Dorotape laminate (which I would say was more of an issue than the Grafityp). Halved the cutting speed, tried laminating just the work area so the rollers are on the original media. The laminate is 80microns, I am wondering if thinner laminate would help, thinking the rollers are struggling to pull the blade through this thickness.
Roland engineer has now changed the rollers, but still the problem persists. No laminate - fine, with laminate - cutting around designs goes out of position.
Many of the jobs are not large, can be around 30cm long and still I have issues.
Hoping a kind soul out there has any advice, maybe there is a brand of laminate that will be less troublesome..
Thanks for reading, I wait in hope.

Last edited: