• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

BN-20 Dont print the actual color

StickerBee

I dont know whats going on but this picture does not print its actual color. Its prints dark blue where the actial color was orange. Inks are are more than 50% in capacity. Test print are ok. Print another it was ok. Just this one.

Please help. TIA!

KDean

I had a friend that had the same issue and I had him do a good cleaning on it and it went away. Otherwise it could be cross contamination

StickerBee

its so weird, i recreated the same graphics in illustrator and it works fine. but the the same graphics made in photoshop save as eps it does not.

2B

is it only the blue being affected?

try sending the design as a different file format
sounds like there is an issue with the color in the exporting of the file.
are there gradients or transparency layers? we have seen issues with that before through VersaWorks

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
What are your rendering intents? What are you printing, vector or bitmap? Are you including, saving, and subsequently using profile information when you save your work? EPS files often produce annoying color shifts with vector images all by themselves, without any additional help from embedded profiles.

If you want to have what you see is what you get printing, there's a coupleof ways to achieve it.

One is to have unique profiles for all of the media you use and spend seemingly endless hours diddling them in an attempt to match your output to your input. This way lies madness.

Another way is to match your input to your output. This is achieved thusly: Pick a decent profile, I use Oracal 3651G from Oracal. Set the Rendering Intents to 'perceptual' for bitmaps and 'no color correction' for everything else. Select the highest quality dither and gradient algorithms available. Print a Pantone chart and hang it on the wall. This is what the printer does and what comes out of the printer is the truth. Now match your input to that chart. If you need some particular color, find it on the chart.

For bitmaps, always send full size RGB bitmaps at a resolution a quarter of the resolution you're printing. i.e if you're printing at 720 dpi then send 150 ppi bitmaps. Always RGB, never CMYK. Your RIP will convert them, through a circuitous route, into the necessary CMYK values far better than any other software you own.