• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

BN-20 Ink Waste Question

MakeMyGraphic

Can anyone tell me how much ink (in CCs) it is safe to assume a dormant BN-20 will consume during the course of 1 non-business day? I am trying to come up with some numbers to determine pricing for myself right now since I am leaning towards getting one of these machines very soon. Thanks guys!

CanuckSigns

not enough to worry about. Seriously.

In the big picture, ink is one of the smallest costs of business, you would be better off calculating labour costs.

But if you must know, it's most likely less than $0.10 a day

MakeMyGraphic

thanks for the info :) I was just also trying to project my ink usage for a few months based on also taking shrink into account but just wasn't sure exactly how many CCs of ink go into just keeping the print heads moist and happy during my downtime :) I'm not insanely busy right now, just finished a big project and looking forward to the holidays (and thinking of gifting myself one of those BN-20s)

J

john1

You can always factor in a raw cost of $.32 or so and that's a high estimate.

I take the CC's of the cartridges and divide the price it costs me per ink by the CC's.

So $70 per cartridge / 220cc's is $.32. Like i said, This is a high estimate but something to factor in if you wanted to.