• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bn20 - print tests

swarnes

Screenshot_20230424-153528_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20230424-153521_eBay.jpg

Hi

Would this require a new printhead?

The test is showing blockage? As there should not be gaps in the test print?

Please advise if this is fixable as unsure if I should go ahead with purchase for 2900.

Thanks

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
Check your ink first. Do you have fresh ink. For troubleshooting, use a fresh cartridge from Roland. The ink expires 2 years from the date on the cartridge. If that's good, make sure your cap top is fresh - if it's more than a year old replace it with a new OEM cap top. After that, it's probably the head.

Good Luck

garyroy

I have 3 wide format Rolands. That test print looks pretty good to me.
Print your own file and see how the print looks.
I'm not guaranteeing anything, I personally think that printer is more like a toy.
It is not a true business printer that your going to make a living with.

mvpro

I have 3 wide format Rolands. That test print looks pretty good to me.
Print your own file and see how the print looks.
I'm not guaranteeing anything, I personally think that printer is more like a toy.
It is not a true business printer that your going to make a living with.
I have started using BN-20A a month ago and it has already paid itself off. Stop this nonsense about a true business printer.

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
A new print head for that printer is going to run at least $2500 USD installed (not sure about over there) but by the time you get fresh ink, if needed and the cap top and wiper you could have paid for 1/2 of a New BN20a. You'll still have an old printer with other old parts that will need to be replaced at some point - all on your dime. If you buy a new one you at least get a printer that you know works and won't have to pay for any repairs for at least a year. Generally the value of a used printer is about half the price of the comparable model new - just rough numbers I use to evaluate in situations like this. Check ebay for more accurate values, but it generally holds up.

Good Luck