• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Boat wraps

jfiscus

Rap Master
I sure wouldn't. Heck, I'd never use 210 for anything after the horror stories I've seen from it. Boats need proper cast vinyls & lams and edge sealer.

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Cast all the way and use edge sealer not edge tape.

Before you install the graphic, install Knifeless tape 1/2 inch above the wake ridge line. On the front you should overlap the center line by 3" on each side for a total overlap of 6". After all the graphics are installed you need to edge seal all the exposed edges and seams. The neat and clean way is to make a paint mask with tape exposing 1/4" on either side of the edge. By doing this you can quickly paint it on with the provided dauber without it looking sloppy. They say it is ok to use edge tape but it will fail way before edge sealer.

Edge sealer is expensive but I always leave the can and the scraps with the client and explain that if the wrap gets damaged or starts to come loose they can use it to patch and or stop the damage - I install for others and usually I'm driving hours.