• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Boat wrsp

Jess McGraw

For those of you that have installed boat wrap on a larger runabout, how many seams on a 30' boat is reasonable and how did you go about doing them so they blend in?

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I do them like a checkerboard, vertical and horizontal seams. Then when these idiots (the kind that wrap their personal boats) hit their trailers, run aground and bash into the dock, they can just replace 1 checker and save some money. That's why they come to me in the first place is to save money I think? I did just do one and the guy got real mad, hes calling everyone in town and asking them, then going online and asking people too and trying to push it back in my face. Oh well. Can't make everyone happy

iPrintStuff

Prints stuff
I do as many vertical seams as possible so that when the boat launches vertically there’s no drag.

The good news is that the customers never come back to me, they usually just set themselves up as members on sign forums and do a post a day about the same subject until they get the answer they want.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I do as many vertical seams as possible so that when the boat launches vertically there’s no drag.

The good news is that the customers never come back to me, they usually just set themselves up as members on sign forums and do a post a day about the same subject until they get the answer they want.
No wonder they don't come back, you're doing it wrong. My way is how the pros do it

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
I hope you all are starting in the front and working your way back so the vertical seams are facing forward... That's how the Pro-fessionals get more work...

msenjur

I do them like a checkerboard, vertical and horizontal seams. Then when these idiots (the kind that wrap their personal boats) hit their trailers, run aground and bash into the dock, they can just replace 1 checker and save some money. That's why they come to me in the first place is to save money I think? I did just do one and the guy got real mad, hes calling everyone in town and asking them, then going online and asking people too and trying to push it back in my face. Oh well. Can't make everyone happy

how does that look like? like a net?

Last edited: