• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bonding Recommendations

signheremd

On big stuff, we used to use Liquid Nails. Care must be taken to spread it evenly on you see slight ripples in the aluminum. Now we hardly ever need do that - instead we buy Aluminum composite (ACM), which happens to come in brushed aluminum finish as one of the colors.

TANYA MONAGHAN

On big stuff, we used to use Liquid Nails. Care must be taken to spread it evenly on you see slight ripples in the aluminum. Now we hardly ever need do that - instead we buy Aluminum composite (ACM), which happens to come in brushed aluminum finish as one of the colors.
Thank you! These are 3' and 11.5" letters

signheremd

Read the directions... used to be with Liquid Nails, you put the adhesive on one side, lay on the substrate, pull back off and wait 10 seconds (or so) and then put it back on for a better bond.

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
We have 3' and 11.5" letters
Thanks for your time

That is pretty large for something like liquid nails. For small stuff, I will use Weld-on 31, but for the working time means it has to be a small area. For big areas, I have a friend that sticks them for me with contact cement and a huge press. I'm not sure how important the press is, but it's a lot easier than weighting down 4'x8' sheets. The other day he ran out of his glue so he used a D/S acrylic tape on a 2' roll. It worked fine, but the price was higher than his glue. All of these methods are for interior letters only, I have never tried them outside.

TANYA MONAGHAN

That is pretty large for something like liquid nails. For small stuff, I will use Weld-on 31, but for the working time means it has to be a small area. For big areas, I have a friend that sticks them for me with contact cement and a huge press. I'm not sure how important the press is, but it's a lot easier than weighting down 4'x8' sheets. The other day he ran out of his glue so he used a D/S acrylic tape on a 2' roll. It worked fine, but the price was higher than his glue. All of these methods are for interior letters only, I have never tried them outside.
Thank you!!