• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bonding small letters to ACP

GVP

Greetings! We need to bond some small acrylic letters to brushed silver ACP. The letters are too small to get a stud or screw fixing - any suggestions as to a suitable adhesive? The sign will be exterior.
TIA

Andy D

Ironic, I just logged in and searched adhesive, because I have the same exact situation, even the acrylic and brushed aluminum finish.
For me it's more of a personal project, so I was hoping to find something I could pick up at home depot for cheap, like 100% silicone.

Last edited:

Andy D

GVP, FYI I went ahead and got a tube of GE 100% clear silicone from Home Depo, because
the installers swore by it, where I used to work.
I put a few letters together and let them set up for around 45 minutes & it worked great.
full setup time is 24 hours, but even after 45 minutes, there was no way to pull them apart.
I'm not sure if it's necessary or even advisable, but I did scuff both surfaces before putting them together.

Good Luck & please let me know what you went with.

Andy D

upload_2018-11-21_12-37-9.png

bannertime

We primarily use GE Silicone 2 in the gold and blue bottle. We've also started using Lexel on recommendation of this place. Appears to be good stuff and it's way clearer than silicone.