• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Books anyone?

Cressida

Ok, so now we all know I'm new! yay!
I've managed to talk the performance shop owner into brining the vinyl cutter into his venu.
Now what I need is a great 'how to' sort of book to help me go about learning key elements in installing vinyl on vehicles. My biggest concern is installing a vinyl decal across a windshield. Accounting for the curve etc.
SO, if anybody could suggest a good book ... or tell me where I should be looking for one that would be great!

Thanks so much!

:U Rock:

Derf

some times it also takes trial and error but the above thread will speed up your learning curve

Cressida

thanks! really appriciate all the help! i still want a book ... something that i can have on me at times (when i need it).

Now what I need is a great 'how to' sort of book to help me go about learning key elements in installing vinyl on vehicles.

http://www.signwarehouse.com/shop/m...N-GR-HOWTO&Category_Code=BOOK&Product_Count=0

Most any of the major sign supply companies offer all sorts of books on sign-related topics. The web sites are usually aimed at selling equipment & supplies, but if you get a printed catalog, there is usually at least two pages of books. Google "sign supply" or similar search words and all the major companies will be in the list somewhere.

WVB

Both Sign Builder Illustrated as well as Sign Business offer books for under $50. Also subscribe to those magazines. One of them is free, the other is not but still cheap.