• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bordeaux Inks??

jstrick

Got a problem and need some help! I ran out of magenta ink. The ppl at fellers said this bordeaux ink would not hurt my machine. I only replaced the magenta cartridge. Didn't print for a few days, in the mean time the power was shut off while I was gone and now all colors print but you guessed it magenta. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I believe so...that should hopefully knock out any clogs. also may want to try to gently wipe the heads with the solvent and the swabs. dont press too hard or you'll screw up the jets.

jstrick

I have to drive a 100 miles to get some more cleaning fluid. But I will try that and let you know if it works. Just for curiosity, is there any other kind of fluid that I could use as a substitute to keep from driving so far to get it??

Ken

The cleaning fluid can be mailed to you?
Mixing two brands of ink..doesn't sound reasonable to me.
Get a new magenta eco-sol cart.
I've never done it, but apparently, you can draw ink thru the line using a syringe, when it gets to the head ( or close) reconnect the hose.
Good luck...Ken
PS..when the machine tells you to change the cart...change the cart.

jstrick

Bordeaux Inks

Just to let you all know, I took off last night and got some cleaning fluid and a swab and gently, very gently wiping the print head and it completely fixed my magenta!!! The print test shows 100% of the jets firing..Thanks you guys so much for your help and from now on GENUINE ROLAND for our shop!!

Jack Knight1979

Don't be afraid of after market ink. I use Triangle and will never go back to OEM ink.

The after market stuff has more solvent and you need to keep your machines on. Not the front system power, but the power needs to be on at the back of the machine. Every few hours the machine will do a mini cleaning cycle to keep the heads fresh.

FYI.

Next time you just have to put some cleaning solution in the capping station for about 20 minutes and then do a manual cleaning and you'll be good to go.

NEVER EVER mix ink types or use a cleaning solution from another brand. EVER! You will blow your heads. I guarantee it.