• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bowing/ Smiling In Print l25500

blacknbart

1/8'' Bowing It's been a while, but I am having same issue with my HP LP25500.

I cut a lot of decals and the bowing is screwing up my whole program. No very efficient to say non the least. I just want to know did you guys fix your problems? How low did you go the Curing temperature? The straightness Optimization tool kind of sucks. I tried a series of tests up and down and even lowered my temp down 15 to 20 degrees. The bowing is at max between 1/16'' to 1/8'' at the highest point just enough to screw my cutting up. I haven't attempted to increase passes at which it's set at 10. I will be doing some serious testing this Holiday weekend as well wasting material. Aaarrgh! Ba HumBug!!

FYI

I run 54'' material

Orajet, Avery & 3M Materials.

HP LP25500

Onyx 10.1 RIP

FC8000

robracer

We still have the problem, we now compensate with the artwork (pre bow) so it cuts closer.....hoping that the next model does not have the same issues when we upgrade :-/

I cut a lot of decals and the bowing is screwing up my whole program. No very efficient to say non the least. I just want to know did you guys fix your problems? How low did you go the Curing temperature? The straightness Optimization tool kind of sucks. I tried a series of tests up and down and even lowered my temp down 15 to 20 degrees. The bowing is at max between 1/16'' to 1/8'' at the highest point just enough to screw my cutting up. I haven't attempted to increase passes at which it's set at 10. I will be doing some serious testing this Holiday weekend as well wasting material. Aaarrgh! Ba HumBug!!

FYI

I run 54'' material

Orajet, Avery & 3M Materials.

HP LP25500

Onyx 10.1 RIP

FC8000

Bly

Anyone with a Summa cutter can print the rego marks with a bar across the print start then the cutter will check the amount of bowing and compensate for distortion.

ProColorGraphics

Anyone with a Summa cutter can print the rego marks with a bar across the print start then the cutter will check the amount of bowing and compensate for distortion.

Yes sir! I use it everyday. Works great, at least on my S-140T it does. One of settings in the cutter for the OPOS settings is called "Force OPOS-XY". That is what I have it set to so that it will read the bar across the front every time.

bigben

Yes sir! I use it everyday. Works great, at least on my S-140T it does. One of settings in the cutter for the OPOS settings is called "Force OPOS-XY". That is what I have it set to so that it will read the bar across the front every time.

And I think you are using caldera? How do you set it up to print the bar?

And for me, if I use a vinyl with a 90# liner, I don't have any bowing. I'm using mostly catalina vinyl for this reason.

ProColorGraphics

And I think you are using caldera? How do you set it up to print the bar?

And for me, if I use a vinyl with a 90# liner, I don't have any bowing. I'm using mostly catalina vinyl for this reason.

Yes, I use Caldera. You have to setup your cutter as a Summa Postnet. Then it will print with the bars. I use this and the barcode all of the time. Works awesome when you have back to back jobs as will move onto each job on the roll without any interaction. Let me know if you need a screenshot.

blacknbart

@ Robracer did you re-adjust your Vector cut lines?

After reading your post I guess just adjusting you cut lines with the gradual bow would most likely fix this problem. Is this how you do things currently? I will also look into the 90# liner aspect because weight of the liner could be and issue as well. Who know until you try.

omgsideburns

I don't know about the L25500, but on the L26500 this can be corrected with the "Straightness Optimization" setting. It's worked for me, but I didn't have 1/4" skew.

Edit: Sorry to bump this old thread with something someone already said.