• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

brand New Graphtec CE5000 Just arrived HELP

I just got my new cutter, A Graphtec CE5000-60 24".

I went through the setup, did a few test cuts, everything looked good.

Proceeded to attempt my first cut here in lies the problem

The top 1/4 of the vector cut great so it seems but the middle 1/2 did not cut all the way through the bottom did not even scratch the vinyl.

I tried to extend my blade to the point where it was clearly way to far, Also the blade spins freely is that normal?

What I am doing wrong. Please HELP

Thanks

Case

Spring in the bladeholder?

Don't extend blade too far ever, you can easily break off the tip.....

Case

Spring in the bladeholder?

Don't extend blade too far ever, you can easily break off the tip.....

Case

Yes the spring is in there and that was my may worry, It was very clear it was getting way to far.

Is it supposed to spin freely like that?

Thanks for the reply

Todd M Castle

Make sure your blade holder is seated properly. The little ring about 3/4 of the way up the blade holder should be below where the blade holder sits. Not sure this is the problem, but I've seen people not seat these in all the way.

Your blade should not be sticking out the bottom where you can see it much at all. If you blade is fully exposed I'd bet your blade holder needs to be pushed down further into the blade holder area of the machine.

Hope this helps.

dbenec

if you mean the blade rotates 360° inside the blade holder, then yes it should.

the plotter drags the blade holder around. the blade must rotate inside to be able to cut all directions that it's pulled.

on my cutter there is a test cut button... HOWEVER.... there is a also a test cut in the software as well - which is based off of the setup in production manager.

my thought is you may have a good test cut from the machine - but when you send through your software you're sending different cut settings.

if you mean the blade rotates 360° inside the blade holder, then yes it should.

the plotter drags the blade holder around. the blade must rotate inside to be able to cut all directions that it's pulled.

on my cutter there is a test cut button... HOWEVER.... there is a also a test cut in the software as well - which is based off of the setup in production manager.

my thought is you may have a good test cut from the machine - but when you send through your software you're sending different cut settings.

Yes this is exactly what I am seeing, is that normal is so any suggestions.

The cut I preformed came from Illustrator so I think you are on to somehting here!!!

I will also check the seatting of the blade holder as well. I will post the results shortly

Thanks for taking time to respond I am very greatful for any and all help provided
Thoughts

Make sure your blade holder is seated properly. The little ring about 3/4 of the way up the blade holder should be below where the blade holder sits. Not sure this is the problem, but I've seen people not seat these in all the way.

Your blade should not be sticking out the bottom where you can see it much at all. If you blade is fully exposed I'd bet your blade holder needs to be pushed down further into the blade holder area of the machine.

Hope this helps.

Todd - You are the man !!!! :U Rock:

That was the problem, I set the blade holder down and sure enough it cut like a dream.

Thanks so much everyone. I am sure, no I Guarantee we shall chat again

Fantastic