• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Branding companies....just dont!

DAVID MARSHALL

I did a big job for Coke. Full branding fitout including illuminated shopfront, illuminated menus, the works. The deal the shopkeeper had with Coke meant that he had to buy a whole truck load of Coke in one hit. Day one the signage went in. Day two they spent unloading a whole Coke truck, case by case. Day three, shop closed, owner and truck load of Coke disappeared and was sold to corner shops around the post code. Because they didn't open they broke the lease which meant that the whole fitout now belonged to the shopping centre and Coke still legally owed me for the fitout. I didn't feel sorry for them at all.

Last edited:

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
Recently had water damage and because water came threw front door and not up from the sewer. We were denied our claim.

I just did our house insurance with a new company. They are very specific when it has to do with water damage. Flood damage vs Storm damage. And it'll only cover the house not contents unless you have contents cover. Contents covers stuff like carpet, but not floorboards.
It's all in the fime print.
(Im in Australia, so it'll be different for you, and each company is different)

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
I turned 2 down last month. We won't wait for our money.
I got lucky one time and we did the unversity system vans for the branch near us. We did it at the end of the year and we got paid before they closed out the books at the end of the year. They had to pay us according to their guidelines so that worked out really well. They came back last summer and wanted a police cruiser done JUST LIKE the vans. BUT, the problem was a new regime came in and the branding was done wrong on the first one. (The ones we did). So they won't make the police vehicle like the vans. I laugh because in their paperwork it literally says that their logo has to face to the left. Well, we reverse imaged it on the right so that the logo faced foward. IT MAKES SENSE and flows nicely. That is one of the only things standing in the way of us doing the job. That and the fact that they want me to pay $500 for the license to print the logo. I told them the pricing would go up $500. Seriously they don't care about the money because it's the education system. But good lord, it's a nightmare to deal with them with ANYTHING.
Coming from an education background, I understand it. but my boyfriend and the rest of the people in the shop go crosseyed when talking to them. I'm the only one who speaks the language. LOL.
They got their police car at the beginning of 2020 and it's still not decked out.