• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Brass plaque

Jean Shimp

Client is looking for a brass plaque with raised brass letters/logo with brass background. Gemini doesn't make this. Looking for a source to produce this 12" x 20" similar to the one in the photo.
Thanks. brass om brass.jpg

Lindsey

Not A New Member
Hi Jean!

I get it that you're looking for a true 1-piece plaque...but as an alternative, could you order flat cut metal letters from Gemini (polished brass) and attach them to a backer panel (maybe flat cut brushed brass) for a similar look?

unclebun

From Gemini as a one piece, that would be a cast plaque. But the background of the sign in your photo doesn't look like a cast plaque. it looks like polished brass letters and logo mounted on a painted background, installed in a polished brass frame.

Jean Shimp

How about this? Any idea where to get something like this made? Just thought I would ask.

Attachments

• Brass sculpted.jpg
    Brass sculpted.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 111

John_Smith

Enjoying retirement in Central Florida
why does it have to be real brass ?
why can't you carve it out of 30# HDU or other high density material and paint it ??
here are some I made a few years ago - they are cast acrylic and "hand painted" with brass accents.
scans0022.jpg

Military Squadron Award Plaque.jpg

T.J. Gary plaque.jpg

scans0012.jpg