• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

'Break-away' Banner ideas...

aandrews19

I have a customer that wants a banner for a youth football team. They want the team to be able to run through the banner, but be able to re-use it every weekend. The first idea that comes to mind is to use two printed banners, and connect them using velcro. My only concern is that the velcro may actually be too strong of a hold for child to break through the banner.

Any ideas out there?

TwoNine

LOL! I got a good visual of that!!!!

Anyway - I think it should work fine if you use use little dots of it. I wouldn't necessarily put a full 2" strip or anything...But. LoL........Omg....Scratch that. Yes I would.

In all honesty though - I think just little dots of velcro would work well.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I think fellers actually sells a break away banner but Im sure doing it yourself will be more economical. What Jhill said makes sense to me.

Pat Whatley

On the back put a couple of 4" arrows on each side of the seam to give them something to aim at. Excited kids are dumb kids and I've seen more than one run up the banner, hit it in the center of one of the panels, and instead of breaking apart the banner and all the kids end up in a pile. Not real intimidating.

Another idea it to leave the banner connected at the top and allow the sides and the center to "flap". If you make it where it breaks away only the first kid through actually gets to do anything....make it with flaps and every kid gets to run through/under the panels. Here's a picture that will explain it better. http://globalbanner.net/images/youth6x10action1.jpg

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
sewn velcro tabs are good, also magnets if you can get those rare earth ones are good since they won't wear out like the soft side of velcro.

pretty simple.

Justin

Around here they just used a thicker banner material thats almost tarp like, and put a big x in the middle, and put velcro on it.. They run through it, and then just velcro back together.

J

john1

LOL! I got a good visual of that!!!!

Anyway - I think it should work fine if you use use little dots of it. I wouldn't necessarily put a full 2" strip or anything...But. LoL........Omg....Scratch that. Yes I would.

In all honesty though - I think just little dots of velcro would work well.

Lol me too

That sounds doable