• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Breakdown of members niche in the sign industry...

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
What exactly do YOU do?

For little over a year I have been on my own installing graphics for other companies in the Florida panhandle, South Alabama and Georgia. I will travel further when budgets allow and have traveled to San Francisco, Santa Monica, DC, Atlanta, and Puerto Rico to install graphics and store fixtures.

Are you self-employed, an employee,...?

Self-employed

How large of a company?

I am the only employee for now.

What is your sign-related background?

I studied Industrial Design at Columbus College of Art & Design from 86-88 and worked off and on in my parents Point of Purchase Display company. After 5 years in the Marine Corps., I landed a job in 1996 with a sign company. I learned sales, design, production and installation from the ground up. I worked at two sign companies in the Kansas City are for a total of 16 years before moving to Tallahassee, FL and Starting my own company.

Early in my career I was trained by a nationally recognized graphics installer/trainer and the companies I worked for were detail oriented and quality conscious. I have been responsible for running plotters, printers, and routers. Other experience outside of the sign industry are; screen printing, wood working, and ceramics.

I have been a PDAA Master Certified Installer since 2007 and my company has been Master Certified since inception.

I have always enjoyed the varied daily tasks and the creativity of this industry. It feels good driving around town thinking I did that and that.... and, occasionally "don't tell anyone I did that. I tried to talk them out of it."

JgS

Small shop in a little mountain town with an installer and graphic designer. I do sales an production (sometimes a little design).