• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

brightest green cast ?

Tony McD

I have a customer with a new black vehicle.
His old truck has lime/apple green vinyl, and he's looking for something brighter.
He saw the fluorescents in my color chart and said "like that"
After telling him they only last about a year, he's still wanting something brighter than lime green.
I've looked through my 3m, Arlon, FDC, and Oracal charts.
MacTac has a luminous green, but it's a calendar film.

Any ideas for a really bright green in a cast vinyl with a 5/7 year rating?

Thank you.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Gerber has a 210 Flourescent Lime Green
3M has its REALLY bright 1080 neon flourescent green

The 210 lasts a while just as cut vinyl.
If you laminated the 1080 with a UV inhibiting laminate it would help extend the life of the vinyl.

Tony McD

I have the 1080 color deck...and that color isn't in it, so looked it up.

• 3.5 Mil 1080 Cast Wrap Film with Long-term, Gray, Removable, Repositionable, Pressure Activated Adhesive with Non-visible Air Release Channels
  • Neon colors have no warranty for fading. Expected outdoor life in direct sunlight is less than three months.

The Gerber 210 says 1 year on the lime green....and is intended for flat panels.

I think he may have to settle for a cast apple or lime.

ChaseO

Premium Subscriber
I use Oracal Lime Tree green quite a bit. It's not the fluorescent they usually want, but it will last. If you use a fluorescent that fades out in less than a year, the customer is going to be much unhappier than settling for a duller green.

Tony McD

Cyberkrome Green says 1 year, and Countach Green says 5 years vertical and 2 horizontal.

I'll show him the chart for Oracal Lime Tree green and FDC 2100 Vibrant Green.
I have 3M apple green in stock, but it wasn't bright enough.

Thanks for the help!

Avery used to have an opaque cast (iirc) line of pretty bright colors. Have you looked there? I haven't looked at Avery anything in a long time.