• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Briteline 60/40 Window Perf woes

What the heck? Just when you think you have Briteline window perf dialed in, it chokes on you and you spend the next 2 hours tweaking -and burning through yards of material. Just last month I had no issues with several perf orders, today it's just not happening - buckling, striking, tearing at the edges. I can see the material is tunneling on the feed roller and buckles when it feeds at the pinch rollers. Any suggestions?

I tried adjusting the heat setting and increasing passes, does the vacuum or input tension have an affect on how it feeds through?

HP Latex 570

GB2

Old Member
Everything has an affect on how it feeds through. What profile are you using, can you give us all your settings? Your Cure Temp should be no more than 200, Vacuum 40-45, Ink limits should be checked too. Use higher number of passes, there is a lot of tweaking that can be done. If it's tunneling badly then it can't be loading properly, how are you loading the material?

Everything has an affect on how it feeds through. What profile are you using, can you give us all your settings? Your Cure Temp should be no more than 200, Vacuum 40-45, Ink limits should be checked too. Use higher number of passes, there is a lot of tweaking that can be done. If it's tunneling badly then it can't be loading properly, how are you loading the material?
Thanks GB2 for your tips, in order to get the order done, I switched and reprinted the panels on Briteline 65/35 (using the 65/35 solid liner profile) heat: 185, vaccuum:
Thank you GB2 for your reply. These were my settings for printing BL 60/40 perf on an HP Latex 570: Heat: 180, 80% saturation, Input tension: 8, Printing airflow pressure: 180, Inter-pass delay offset: 200, advance factor: 0, vacuum: 90, optimizer: 24, straightness optimization: 0

I feed it in the usual manner, advancing it far enough to thread/taping it onto the take up reel, and setting the tension bar into place.

In order to get the job done I ended up switching to the BL 65/35 and used the BL 65/35 profile from Grimco. I lowered the heat to 185 and it printed/cured fine, no buckling when I loaded it or while printing. I'm still at a loss at why the 60/40 buckled, maybe it was a bad batch?, especially since it would cinch and buckle before it fed through...

CC-CMYK

I’ve had the same problems with briteline. We switched to 3m perf. It’s a bit more but we haven’t had any issues at all.

MarkSnelling

Mark Snelling - Hasco Graphics
Continental Grafix has great perf with a really great release liner at an incredible price point....most people can get a 164' roll of Panorama One perf for the same price as the 100' Briteline. But the release liner is really stable and doesn't tend to give latex people too much difficulty. We sell the Panorama One 54x164' rolls for $391. It is a better film at a great price point. I can turn you on to the Continental rep if you need an introduction...just email me.

Continental Grafix has great perf with a really great release liner at an incredible price point....most people can get a 164' roll of Panorama One perf for the same price as the 100' Briteline. But the release liner is really stable and doesn't tend to give latex people too much difficulty. We sell the Panorama One 54x164' rolls for $391. It is a better film at a great price point. I can turn you on to the Continental rep if you need an introduction...just email me.
I will pass this onto to sales, thanks.