• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Broken Bordeaux Ink

TheSnowman

Just in case you were wondering...if you get an ink cartridge that is purple instead of clear...and it didn't really register until you pick it up and there is something sloshing around in there...it means that your ink cartridge probably broke.

Fellers is sending out another one, no big deal...just hadn't seen it before.

Attachments

• Ink.jpg
    Ink.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 81

d fleming

Unfortunately I have seen it before. Mostly with 3rd party carts but I have seen oem do it as well. At least Fellers is stand up about returns unlike some other vendors I have had in the past.

Just cause we are sharing pictures. Here's a broken triangle cartridge.

My vendor thinks it has more to do with the way third party ink manufactures pack their ink than anything else.

I've even had leaking 4 liter bottle of ink, talk about a mess.

~Chris

Attachments

• BadInkCart.jpg
    BadInkCart.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 74

TheSnowman

HAHA. Glad I'm not the only one with this problem. The stupid thing is, I didn't even give it another thought. That's roughly the same color that some electronics some shipped in, so I didn't even give it a thought that it was the ink. The box wasn't damaged at all that they came in...so I'm not sure what caused it.

MikePro

UPS'd from like 30min away, in my case. My bet was that it was dropped on its end, simply gravity and kinetic energy forcing the ink to "pop" the seal in the cap.

I also noticed, weeks later, that my inks started comming in plastic casing and then ALSO wrapped in bubble wrap.

TheSnowman

Plastic Case, Plastic Bag, Plastic Bubble Wrap, and Cardboard Box. These definitely aren't made as well as the OEM, but I can't expect that with the money I am saving. Had the printer for four years, so one bad one isn't too bad. The new one is on it's way, and they just told me to throw this one away...