• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Brother PR1000 Hat Embroidery Issue

Hi All, first post in the embroidery section but I am having some trouble with the dreaded Richardson 112. Embroidery is coming out fine but I am seeing some scuffing around the embroidery which I am assuming is from the foot during needle penetration. I am running at 500 stitch speed and using the needle plate adapter. Scuffing is around the entire embroidered detail. Any thoughts on eliminating the scuffing are appreciated.

Attachments

• icm_fullxfull.401395954_qpxz7wrxt1cwgo8w0gk0.jpg
    icm_fullxfull.401395954_qpxz7wrxt1cwgo8w0gk0.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 298

WildWestDesigns

I'm unaware on the PR1000 having the ability to adjust the pressure foot for thicker materials like one has on even the Brother home sewing/embroidery machines for thicker material, so your best bet is going to be adjusting how you hoop those hats. How you handle those side clips(assuming the regular hat hoop) are probably going to be the key.

At 500, your pretty close to the slowest speed of the Brothers (400spm), so not much more you can go there.

binki

Either change the hat from a brushed material or try a terry shop towel to wipe the area to bring the fibers back up. A little fine mist spray water or starch might help as well. Just my thoughts.