• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Budweiser Font?

Steve C.

what is it?

Attachments

• bud.jpg
    bud.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 2,087

Steve C.

They do, but this is from an older logo. Looks a bit like Clarendon,but not, or it could be a Bookman Bold, which I don't have. :help:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
No match in my database. I would imagine that it is an exclusively licensed font. Many foundries do a big business with large corporations supplying them with fonts no one else has.

Steve C.

Thanks, Bobby, I was affraid of that. This signs has to be hand lettered anyway, but I was hoping to make a plotter pattern. I could probably modify Clarendon to match it, or make a pattern the analog way. I don't even know if my projector still works.

Steve C.

Thanks Fred, Just out of curiosity, Wonder what someone would pay for an exclusively designse font? Hmmmmmmmmm.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Steve C. said:
Thanks Fred, Just out of curiosity, Wonder what someone would pay for an exclusively designse font? Hmmmmmmmmm.

Probably more than you take in on all you fonts in a good year. :Cool 2:

WVB

Budweiser has exclussive fonts yes. Have friends who worked/and currently still work for Bud. They have their own in house vinyl department.

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
Not only does Anheuser-Busch have their own in house advertising dept., many of their regional distribution centers have vinyl cutters and large format printers as well.

Steve C said:
Thanks Fred, Just out of curiosity, Wonder what someone would pay for an exclusively designse font?

Prices will start in the ballpark of several grand. A complex type makeover with lots of testing (such as results on ink flow, dot gain, etc.) can run tens of thousands or even more. Some major newspapers spend a fortune for unique type families.

Steve C.

Bobby H said:
Not only does Anheuser-Busch have their own in house advertising dept., many of their regional distribution centers have vinyl cutters and large format printers as well.
I have a friend who works in the signs department at the local distributor here. Ben E. Keith, That's how I snagged this job. He also does hand lettering, but is too busy, so refered them to me.

Sign Solutions: Thanks! send it over, I'll clean it up. Don't need the script.

Steve C.

Thanks Bob, That is a big help! Also just receiver several files from the distributors, With all that I should have all I need. Big THANKS to everyone.