• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Buffer Overrun Detected

choucove

Hey all,

We have a design workstation running Flexi Designer 10.0.4 on a Windows 7 Professional 64-bit system that for the last several days has been having a random crash screen on several different projects. The error message screen shot is included below, and when it comes up will completely close down Flexi without allowing the user to save. Do you have any ideas what this could be, and steps to fix it?

Thank you in advance for your time and your help!

IMAG0530.jpg

round man

from what I remember of back in my early plotter days(early 1990's) a buffer overrun is a problem with the output device(printer/plotter) memory buffer, not the station itself so you may need to investigate the status of any memory modules and or chips in the output device and or the spooling process settings for that device,....it may be spooling more information than the device can handle at one time thus causing the problem displayed,...not much more I can offer here but hope it helps ya,...

edited to add,..at one time I used an aftermarket plot buffer unit to resolve this problem and had to link it into the cables to the plotter that caused it,...but most of the programs these days have settings that can control the flow of data between the output device and the spooling software to solve these issues

choucove

Hmmm, I understand what you are saying here, but I don't know if it applies in this case, as the error is happening when Flexi isn't outputting to any form of device. There is no plotter/printer connected to this computer at all, it's only used for layout and design and saving the files to network storage to be output on different workstations with Flexi Expert or Flexi Pro.

It was at the beginning of the year when we upgraded this specific workstation from 10.0.2 to the 10.0.4 update and it has worked without error until just in the last week or so.