• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bulk Ink For Mimaki

ridewraps

Which is the best bulk ink system for a JV3 160? Initial price, ink price and who stocks it on the east coast?

My machine is out of waranty. And we have only used mimaki ink so far but we are getting ready to setup this machine to run ALOT of stuff.

Any thoughts or advice would be great.

jdigital

tried sericols BP+ inks. only thing good about it is a better color gamut. The ink is very viscous and damages the heads. had a difficult time getting them to cover the price for new heads. the cost is cheaper than OEM inks. I don't know if they are still marketing this ink, but definitely do not recommend it. We switched back to Mimaki SS2 inks

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We offer J-Star brand eco solvent ink made in Japan. We have a few signs101 members who are using it. I will offer you four refillable cartridges+ four liters of ink(cmyk)+ chips, all for $280 shipped. 3 days money back guarantee. Absolutely great ink to use.

ChiknNutz

Take a look at Triangle JVS inks. Not sure of all who sell it, but I believe the prime distributor is NuSign (www.nu-flex.com) out of CA. I do know that NorthLight Color sells the ink, but not sure about the actual systems. Another distributor I'm familiar with is Pacific Coast Sign Supply.

ColesCreations

And Fieldcenter- I am sure your product is great; but a 3 day warranty?? Come on, make it 3 weeks, or 30 days, then the customer knows you are serious! There is no way to get the package, install it then be either satisfied or unsatisfied in only 3 days.
You don't even have enough time to get it set up and profiled!

Thats pretty much a worthless warranty in my opinion... But then again, I guess no-one asked my opinion...

smdgrfx

I have a Triangle system from NuSign. It was already installed when I purchased my machine, but they have given me great support when I have called them.

particleman

We have used both mega ink and triangle (currently). Neither have ruined heads, both have advantages and disadvantages over OEM ink. My opinion OEM ink is still the most hassle free solution, but the cost savings you can't ignore. Mega ink we got great blues/grays/skin tones/ivory, weak reds, weak oranges and never a good sunflower yellow.

Triangle seems to be almost opposite, they have this WG magenta that is very different from our mega/OEM magenta, almost a blood red color. I believe this helps us nail good oranges, excellent reds, yellows. On the other hande we stuggle with ivory, cool grays, and deep blues.

Just our experience.. I think you will find with bulk ink, getting or having the ability to create GOOD profiles is something you need to think about before buying.