• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Bullets in VE LXI???

smullen

This is embarrasing... Anyone know how to make bullets in VE LXI???

I have done it before, but I can't seem to remember now...

I even tried going into another text editor such as Word and laying out my text with Bullets, then copy and pasting it.... The text goes, but the bullets don't come out...

I thought about playing with the circle tool, but I figured I'd make them all the wrong size and it would be obvious....

SouthPaw

If you are using a windows-based computer, try (while entering text) holding down the "alt" key while pressing the numbers (one at a time) 0 1 8 3. Be sure to hold the alt key down the whole time; let go of it after you press the "3."

These are fine for bullets separating things where you would normally have a comma or dash (123·456·7890 or CAR REPAIRS · DENTAL WORK · BRAIN SURGERY & HANDMADE SUBS). But these will often turn out to be rather small for a vertical point list.

For a vertical point list you certainly may use circles, size one until it appears to be the right size. Duplicate it as often as needed. Align them to the text's horizontal center. Align them vertically to each other as well. (You should have alignment functions to help you do this).

Just size the circles till they look right. No one will ever know...unless you don't align them properly.

Another thing you can do is use a shapes font like wingdings...one of the "letters" will be a circle bullet that will work quite nicely. My Corel has an Insert Shapes docker that makes this really easy, but you could also type in a bullet in wingdings, select it, copy it, change to the desired font and then continue typing your list. Anytime you need a bullet, just ctrl-v to paste it in.

Hope this helps,
--William

Stewart

I do not know if LXI has this feature but in Flexi...

Click your text tool - click on page - click on text at top of page - then click
on "Insert Symbols" - select font and symbol of your choice and click OK.

Stewart
:unclesam:

smullen

SouthPaw said:
If you are using a windows-based computer, try (while entering text) holding down the "alt" key while pressing the numbers (one at a time) 0 1 8 3. Be sure to hold the alt key down the whole time; let go of it after you press the "3."

These are fine for bullets separating things where you would normally have a comma or dash (123·456·7890 or CAR REPAIRS · DENTAL WORK · BRAIN SURGERY & HANDMADE SUBS). But these will often turn out to be rather small for a vertical point list.

For a vertical point list you certainly may use circles, size one until it appears to be the right size. Duplicate it as often as needed. Align them to the text's horizontal center. Align them vertically to each other as well. (You should have alignment functions to help you do this).

Just size the circles till they look right. No one will ever know...unless you don't align them properly.

Another thing you can do is use a shapes font like wingdings...one of the "letters" will be a circle bullet that will work quite nicely. My Corel has an Insert Shapes docker that makes this really easy, but you could also type in a bullet in wingdings, select it, copy it, change to the desired font and then continue typing your list. Anytime you need a bullet, just ctrl-v to paste it in.

Hope this helps,
--William
Thanks for the tips you guys...

The ALt-0 1 8 3 command worked... I haven't got to cut it yet, but it worked for the layout....

That other tip with the text tool/ insert symbol works with LXI, but only the Master Pro version, not the Master version, which is what I have...