• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

business card help

jmag215

just getting my business going and trying to design up my business cards. company name is Mayhem Design Works, not looking for anybody to spend time on here designing me one, just wanting some ideas on how you might lay it out. i will be doing wraps, paint protection film, banners, and large canvas prints. any and all help would be excellent!

Fanaticus

I would do my best to lay it out so it is visually appealing and interesting. I might use fonts and colors too.

Fanaticus

brilliant idea just occurred to me! Change the ks in "works" to an X. A Capital X! Maybe use two bloody axes to create it, to add to the mayhem. Put a naked chick on their too. Customers like naked chicks on business cards.

phototec

Ok, let me get this straight..

You are going to design wraps and banners for customers, and you can't create YOUR OWN simple business card?

Have you ever seen a business card?

Just put your NAME (logo optional), ADDRESS and PHONE NUMBER in a 2x3.5" space, like others said, use font's (the more different fonts the better), lots of colors, blends, tints, gradients, and shadows, etc.

Oh, don't forget to note on the bottom, that you can't even design a business card... :ROFLMAO:

jmag215

ha well this post looked like it was going to be a bunch of asses comenting but now it looks like they are at least adding some humor into it. i just looked at my first business card this morning on the internet, who knew something like that even existed? dang. i never even thought about putting text on something like this and then i read to not use text and only symbols, brilliant, i am banging on all cylinders now! okay i will get some proofs done up so you can all bag on them later, thanks for all the great help?

phototec

ha well this post looked like it was going to be a bunch of asses comenting but now it looks like they are at least adding some humor into it. i just looked at my first business card this morning on the internet, who knew something like that even existed? dang. i never even thought about putting text on something like this and then i read to not use text and only symbols, brilliant, i am banging on all cylinders now! okay i will get some proofs done up so you can all bag on them later, thanks for all the great help?

Google is YOUR friend: Business card design inspiration

http://www.google.com/search?q=busi...ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CGMQ_AUoAQ&biw=1325&bih=579

J

john1

You could do something basic such as your logo large on one side with website under it, on other side flip it verticle and have your logo at the top, list of services in the middle and then contact information at the bottom.

qmr55

What he said ^^^

Attachments

• bcard sample.jpg
    bcard sample.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 83

MatthewTimothy

really??? you mention how you are going to provide a service to customers and you cant even do it for yourself and you wonder why people are being sarcastic about it?? you really see no problems with what you are asking.

If you need a design done i do designs.

jmag215

well when i go and design for joe blows plumbing i am going to give it somewhat of a plumbing theme of course, but for me providing different services i was just hoping someone witty out there would have a good idea on how to layout something to combine everything as well as the mayhem part but make it look professional at the same time. thanks for the awesome help to the people who actually put up some links and i will take the criticism and learn from it.